Quilting Retreats are a wonderful creative and productive quilting time where you can accomplish a lot in a few compact and uninterrupted days. They facilitate visiting with fellow quilters as well as sharing “how to” tips while providing inspiration and encouragement along the way.
EQG organizes both weekend and single day retreats that are very popular and well received. Our 2017-2018 roster includes:
- For nearly 20 years we have had a 3 day getaway to Crieff Hills Conference Centre to enjoy quilting, good company, fabric shopping and many laughs.
- This cozy rustic retreat is a short 1 hour drive from NPCC located near Guelph.
- We have a large quilting room and accommodation a short walk from there. Each room has a double and single bed and 3 piece washroom. In the evenings many gather around the fireplace in the adjacent large lounge for relaxed conversation.
- All meals are served in the restored schoolhouse. (This includes 7 meals from Friday lunch to Sunday lunch.)
- The next away retreat is scheduled for September 29th to October 1st, 2017. Check in time – Friday, September 29th at 10 a.m.Check out time from Conference Hall is Sunday, October 1st at 2 p.m. Approximate cost for 2½ days is $250 for shared, or $300 for single. THIS RETREAT IS CURRENTLY FULL, BUT YOU CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO A WAITING LIST SHOULD ANY PLACES BECOME AVAILABLE
- For a few years now we have also been offering a one day Mini-Retreat at NPCC from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on four Saturdays throughout the year.
- Studio C is rearranged and extra tables are brought in so each person can have their own work space.
- A catered lunch and dinner are included.
- Dates for the 2017-2018 year are as follows:
- November 4th, 2017;
- January 20th, 2018;
- April 28th, 2018 and
- June 16th, 2018.
- Studio C Sunday open dates follows the day after the retreat so participants can continue working on their project(s) the next day at no extra charge if they wish. (No meals included on Sunday.)
- Registration for the November date will take place only at the September and October meetings. The full registration fee of $40.00 is required at registration.
- Registration for subsequent retreats will be announced in the newsletter.
- A retreat committee table is set up at the back of most monthly meeting to take registrations and to answer any enquiries.