Because the Etobicoke Quilters’ Guild (EQG) is a resident group at Neilson Park Creative Centre (NPCC), our Guild members are required to be members of both NPCC and EQG.
NPCC members enjoy discounts at many participating galleries and art supply stores. Please visit the NPCC website for additional information and benefits.
Etobicoke Quilters Guild Membership Benefits
Member benefits include:
- Full access to Studio C where you can work on your projects in a supportive and helpful environment, utilizing EQG supplies and equipment such as:
- layout tables,
- cutting boards,
- rotary cutters,
- sewing machines,
- essentially all you require for your project – just bring your fabric and ideas.
- Access to a variety of skill development courses, workshops and retreats,
- Monthly meetings with guest speakers plus show and tell,
- A members’ library,
- Access to special events,
- Participate in the creation of comfort quilts that are donated to charity.
Reciprocal Free Gallery Admission
As a member of EQG you are also a member of NPCC and receive benefits offered by their connections to many art facilities, services and galleries. It has been recently noted that several members requested a refresh on the list and organizations available.
For convenience, here is the list of galleries that offer reciprocal free admission (PDF) with the proviso they are subject to change and it is recommended you check that this benefit is still available.
How to Join
To join NPCC and EQG, simply complete the combined membership application, which is available online at the Neilson Park website, or at the front desk of the centre.
The combined membership fee is $130 per year: $100 toward NPCC, and $30 for EQG.
EQG offers may be available for full time high school, college or university students – ask a member of the EQG executive for details when you visit.
You may wish to join one of the other resident groups as well. Many EQG members are also Rugcrafters, Spinners and Weavers, Calligraphers, or Art Group members.